We refer to our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms that we may use in the future as “connected devices and services.” We do this to recognize that Chobani’s digital footprint and strategy are evolving to stay current with how consumers use technology.
How We Engage with You via Connected Devices and Services
In this policy, we refer to our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms that we may use in the future as “connected devices and services.” We do this to recognize that Chobani’s digital footprint and strategy are evolving to stay current with how consumers use technology. There are a variety of ways in which innovation allows us to connect with consumers, and we designed this policy to give you a comprehensive overview of our privacy practices, regardless of how you engage with us.
How We Collect Information
We may collect information about you by various means, including:
• Directly from you
• Through our websites, mobile apps, and other connected devices and digital means
• In-person, including at Chobani Café®, and/or via our promotional events, sweepstakes and contests
• By combining information from different sources, including online and offline data
• From our vendors and business partners
• From other sources and platforms that you may use to engage with Chobani
Types of Information We Collect
The types of information we may collect include:
• Your contact information, such as name, postal or email address, and phone number
• Contact information for friends or other people you would like us to contact
• Demographic information, such as your age, gender, or household income
• Shopping behavior or preferences
• Billing and shipping information
• Username and password for the account you may establish on a Chobani website, app or other platform
• Content you provide (such as photographs, articles and comments)
• Content you make available through social media accounts (e.g., when you sign in using social media plug-ins)
• Information you choose to provide in connection with an employment application when you use our online recruiting portal
• Information you provide in connection with our Incubator services/programs
• Device-specific information (such as unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number)
• Personal information stored locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches
Cookies and Other Information Collected by Automated Means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may also collect certain information about the use of our websites, mobile apps, social media presence, and Internet-enabled services and platforms by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies. We and our service providers and business partners may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
• URLs that refer visitors to our websites
• IP addresses and other details of devices you use to connect with Chobani, including via our websites, mobile apps or other connected devices and services
• Search terms used to reach our online content
• Details about your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, social media platforms or other connected devices and services (such as the date, time, and length of visits, and specific pages accessed during the visits, and the frequency of the visits)
• Interaction and viewing of advertisements and content
• Geo-location data
• Transaction information including items purchased and date and time of your transaction
How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect to improve and develop new goods and services, and to enhance our customers’ experience when visiting our websites, mobile apps, and social media and connected devices, services and platforms. Examples include:
• Responding to your requests, questions and comments and providing customer support
• Facilitating your engagement with us via connected devices and services
• Tailoring the content we display to you in our communications, including advertising, and offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
• Operating, evaluating and improving our business, our websites and mobile apps, and other products and services we offer (including to develop new products and services)
• Establishing and maintaining any account you create on our websites or mobile apps
• Fulfilling, managing and sending you information about your orders, including processing payments
• Offering and administering promotions, sweepstakes and contests
• Conducting market research
• Analyzing and enhancing our communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
• Providing personally relevant product features, such as tailored search results and advertising
• Generating anonymized data for further data analytics
• Accepting and evaluating employment applications submitted via our recruiting web page
• Enforcing our contractual rights
• Complying with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies
You may see Chobani advertising on various websites, web pages, social media and other platforms. Please note that the nature of Internet media buys is such that we are not always able to have full information about the platforms on which our advertising may run. These platforms in some cases may not be aligned with our values as a company. If you believe that our advertising is displayed on platforms that promote inappropriate or offensive content, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may serve advertisements, and allow third parties to serve advertisements, through our websites and mobile apps. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called “ad networks.” Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties. Advertisements served through our website and mobile apps may be targeted to users who fit a certain general profile category, which may be inferred from information you provide to us, based on your website or mobile app usage patterns, or based on your activity on other website or online services.
How We Share Your Information
• Customer service and support
• Payment processing and order fulfillment
• Product and service development
• Surveys and market research
• Advertising, promotion and marketing
• Data analytics
• Support of our business operations
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Privacy Choices
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you. We can confirm that our connected devices and services comply with the self-regulatory principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Self-Regulatory Program. Therefore, some pages may contain icons that help users understand how usage information is collected, and how to opt out of targeted advertising resulting therefrom. Here are the choices we offer:
You may choose not to receive marketing emails from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails you receive from us. Even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we will continue sending you non-marketing email communications, such as order confirmations or information about changes in our website or mobile app terms.
Marketing by Text Messages
We will communicate with you via text messages only if you affirmatively opt in to communicate with us by text. After you have opted in, you can at any time opt out of receiving further communications via text by replying with STOP to any text message you receive from Chobani, or otherwise following the opt out instructions in our messages.
Web browsers may offer users the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites and mobile apps may not function correctly.
Some of our business partners that collect information about your activities on our websites and in our mobile apps may be members of organizations or programs that provide you with choices regarding the use of your browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, you may opt out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking here or the Digital Advertising Alliance by clicking here. Mobile app users may opt out of receiving targeted advertising in mobile apps through members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available here, and selecting your choices. Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instruction on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Access and Correction
You may (a) request access to the information we maintain about you, and the details about our processing of that data, (b) request that we update or correct your information, or (c) request that we delete the information we maintain about you. You may make a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In some circumstances, including where we are specifically permitted to do so by applicable law or your request is inconsistent with our legal obligations or our policies, we may choose not to comply with your request or provide a partial response. If this is the case, we will notify you of our decision.
Content Submitted by Users
Some features of the website and mobile apps allow you to post content on our websites or mobile apps, or social media pages, such as product reviews. Content that you provide may be shared publicly or with other users or third parties.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13 on our websites or mobile apps. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through our websites or mobile apps, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
We may provide links to other websites, services, and applications, such as Facebook, that are not operated or controlled by Chobani (the "Third Party Services"). These Third Party Services also may include an activity feed, social media buttons and widgets, such as the Facebook “Like” button or the “Share This” button.
How We Protect Information
Chobani maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
Despite such efforts, however, please note that no company, including Chobani, can fully eliminate risks or guarantee the security of personal information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of information about you at any time, and we bear no liability for uses or disclosures of personal information or other data arising in connection with theft of the information or other malicious actions.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this information, please submit a written request to the following address: email@example.com.
Telephone: (212) 364-6490